Wednesday, April 30, 2014

28 April 2014

Hello from.... Raglan!  Sayyy whaaa??  Transfers.
Kia Ora, Family & Friends!
So much has happened, I don't know where to begin!  Well first, I was transferred last week. I thought I had another transfer left in me before I would be transferred from Katikati but it looks like Heavenly Father had a different plan in store for me. Goodbye Sister Holmes!  Goodbye comfort! Goodbye members that I love! :(   Now: Hello, Raglan and hello Sister Hansen!

Raglan is surf city! (Raglan is on the West side of New Zealand, the opposite side of the country as Katikati. Population is around 2700 and the median age is 37. It's described as a "Bohemian community"). Raglan is where all the young people migrate to and backpackers settle..... MUCH different from my retirement village of Katikati. We are surrounded by the beach on almost every side and very laid back people who don't ever work by the looks of it.  On my first day I found out my companion has lice, poor thing has had it for 12 weeks because it keeps coming back :(   I REALLY hope I don't get it!  Then I saw a less active (who is partners with his sister) try to kiss my companion on the mouth. Sounds pretty exciting, eh?  Everything is pretty lovey-dovey here.
...Word on the street is that Bethany Hamilton (that girl who had her arm bitten off by a shark) is in town surfing! ALSO: fun fact.... Anyone remember that Greenpeace Activist, Jay (Jason?) -something?, he made the youtube video about saving Africa from kony and he interviews his cute little blond boy about what is happening in the world today. Well, he's my neighbor. Whaaaaa?!  I thanked Heavenly Father for letting us meet him and giving us the opportunity to talk to him.  He's an amazing father and a very, very deep thinker. I'll bet we could give him some things to think about in the Book of Mormon! (Also, we didn't realize that it was him until we walked away.  Everyone in this town seems so familiar to me, like I've met all of them before.  It's kinda weird-ing me out, actually. But his situation makes sense because I have actually seen him before ....on youtube! ha).  Just watch, I'm going to become a hippy living here. ;)
So Elder Pearson and President Rudd came to our Branch on Sunday. Elder Pearson is General Authority.  It was freaking everyone out that they all seemed to just look through me and forget about introducing me into the new branch.  Alls well.  Can't say I blame 'em.  It was pretty special that this Area Authority decided to come to our Branch of all the places he could have gone! 
We didn't have p-day yesterday because Elder Kevin Pearson (Pacific Area Presidency) had a Multi-Zone conference with us that was from 10am-3:30pm which was chock full of awesome goodness.  He is so bold and powerful. He told the missionaries that who ever does not want to change or who has a hard heart to get up and move to the back so that he could see who they are..... no one of course got up so he said, "Really??! None of you are going to get up? I KNOW WHO YOU ARE. I could see you when I shook your hands and looked into your eyes.  Who will get up?"  No one moved, until my new companion got up and went to the back.  Then a small elder joined her later. He thanked her for her courage and by the time the whole conference was over he came and kissed her on her cheek.  She's a great companion. Very calm and laid back and natural.  She makes teaching very effortless and fun.  She stood up at the end of the conference when he was taking volunteers to say what they had learned. I cried.  She's one of those ones that feels like she is all alone with how she's feeling.  I know she has some struggles but I've been waiting until she wants help. Maybe I shouldn't wait, but let her know that I'm available to help. I'm glad I can be her companion.  My last companion reminded me of Brita. ....Which reminds me: Shout outs:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Brita!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kezia!!!!
Love you both heaps :)  Thanks for the letter Brita! I loved it!
Thank you to all those who do write me.  It REALLY MEANS the WORLD to me!
P.S.
I learned so much from Elder Pearson but the main takeaway is: We never actually gain a testimony. We all already have one, it is just about remembering it!   Every person in this life KNOWS that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true because they are here....also he talked about those that have known the truth and, for one reason or another, have fallen away.  Our area is FULL of less-actives so we will see what the Lord has to teach me about helping those that have fallen away. 
Everyone fill in the blanks for yourself:
Because I am a disciple of Jesus Christ I don't __________ (want to be selfish anymore) 
Because I am a disciple of Jesus Christ I am __________ (willing to share what I have been given and forget myself)
Love yous all!!
-Sister Moore









No comments:

Post a Comment