Wednesday, April 9, 2014

6 April 2014

Pretty awesome week. Check out the caterpillars they have here. (pic attached)
Sorry, I don't have much time today, so this will be short. But I'm very, VERY HAPPY!!   :) :) I'm loving my companion and things just seem to be going pretty well.  We get to go to the temple this week!  Which will be so nice.  I miss the temple.  And since we are always a bit behind here in New Zealand, we will get to watch General Conference this coming weekend.  Which we are also SOOOOooo excited for!
Sis. Holmes and I have been applying our scripture reading everyday.  We are in Alma and reading about Ammon (I just want to marry all of these awesome men, especially Nephi and Moroni!!) but, like Ammon, we have been trying to find new people through service.  It's funny how shocked people (who you don't know get when you turn up at their house in work clothes and ask to be put to work. People were telling us how awesome we are before we even started working.  And because we aren't pushy we have them dying to know what church we come from and why we only want to help people. "We should be part of your church" they say...... "truth." but really, it's true.  We are out there every day just to help people find happiness.  It's right there! Take it!  Why wouldn't they want to talk to us?? ;)  We just want everyone to be happy. 
People here are hilarious and I love them.  They just make us laugh. I just love the people of New Zealand!!!
Out here in the country the people are very simple and aren't as educated as perhaps the people in the larger cities, but it's these simple people that bring the greatest joy. Gosh, I love them!  It's funny because God always calls the humble to be the greatest leaders of them all. Joseph Smith was just 14, and he is known as the only human on earth to do more save Jesus Christ to establish and build up the kingdom of God on Earth. Moroni was 25 when he was called to direct the people in times of war, Nephi, Joseph of Egypt, etc. etc. And that is why the Lord calls young as missionaries today- he needs people that are not trained in the ways of the world but those that are humble and will rely on Him. These simpIe, wonderful people of Katykaty have so much potential and strength if they would just listen and obey. 
I learned in my studies this morning that sometimes it is a blessing to not be blessed with as much as you think you need or want because then it allows us to rely more on the Lord, which is the real thing we are needing. 
-Love yous all!  We are off to get some more service gear and go op-shoppin'. 
Sis Moore :)
p.s. I'll write more letters I just lost my stamps & envelopes. ha. Thank you HEAPS to the ones that do write! I love letters!!  :) 
p.s.s. NOTTS can I have Anna's email address?  Thank you for your letter! I have one to send off to you soon



No comments:

Post a Comment